If you have questions about donations or planned giving opportunities contact:
URR Administrative Offices at
Our mailing Address is:
5647 State Street Suite A
Saginaw, MI 48603
Adopt a Family: Donors will be matched to a specific family of their choosing. Donors are then provided with a list of the ages, genders, sizes, needs and wants of family members. These often include household linens, hygiene items, cleaning supplies, paper products, toys and more.
We will have specific family information available on October 1, 2016. Once we have received your commitment, shopping for your family members can continue throughout the season.
Giving Tree: Instead of being matched to a specific family, donors will receive a list of items that reflect the typical requests of a client of their chosen gender and age range. We use these items for survivors and their children who unexpectedly enter our emergency shelter near the holiday season.
Adopt the Emergency Shelter: Supply our emergency shelter with items needed for daily living. Donors will receive a general list of necessary supplies that include pajamas, underwear, socks, paper products, health and beauty items, bath towels, sheets, blankets, and pillows.
We are asking donors to commit to adopting a family by November 1, 2016
If you are interested in the Adopt A Family or Giving Tree program please call Kari at 755-0413 ext. 1225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in the Adopt the Emergency Shelter program, please call our helpline at 755-0411 or email email@example.com
IN KIND DONATIONS
In-kind donations are accepted at Under the Rainbow Resale Shop.
You can download and use our In-Kind Donation Form if you plan to use your donation as a deduction on your income taxes. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires donors to value their items rather than the recipient. As a guide, the form provides ranges for items commonly sold in thrift/resale stores. Assume the items are in good condition, and remember - prices are only estimated values.
Please understand that Underground Railroad, Inc. does not provide tax advice, and we recommend that you check with a tax professional if you are seeking tax advice.
The emergency shelter currently houses forty-six women and children. We also have up to 32 families in transitional or permanent housing at any given time.
|Emergency Shelter immediate needs include:
- Baby Formula
- Wash Cloths
- Twin Size sheets & Blankets
- Collars and leashes-All sizes
- Chew toys/dog toys
- Cat Toys
- ID Tags for dogs & cats
- Grooming tools
- Trifectant tablets for cleaning cages, crates and kennels
- Women’s Pajamas, size large thru plus size
- Women’s socks and Women’s underwear-(size 5-13)
- Pajamas; Children sizes 4T and up, girls and boys
- Boys underwear and socks-(size 4T-8)
- Girls underwear and socks-(size 4T-8)
- Cereal Bowls
- Plastic cups
- Litter scoopers
- Metal Food and Water Bowls
- Towels and blankets to lay on
Like your household, we have ongoing needs that include:
- Diapers size 5 and 6
- Baby wipes & lotions
- Diaper bags
- Sleepwear: Children & women, all sizes including plus sizes for women
- Slippers: all sizes
- Baby wash/shampoo
- Ziploc Bags
- Bedding:Twin size sheets and twin size comforters
- Cleaning supplies: disinfectant spray, comet, laundry soap, toilet bowl cleaner, dish soap
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- Cereal bowls
- Forks and spoons
- Decorative items for guests rooms
- First aid supplies
- New coloring books and activity books
- Back packs and school supplies
- Gas cards
- Phone cards
All donations can be dropped off at Under the Rainbow Resale Store, 5647 State Street. They will be taken to the shelter by a member of our staff.